Using the OLEDB drivers from UniVerse, I have been able to make our UV
system a linked server from within SQL Server.  You'll need an ODBC
compliant account setup for your data to make this work.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Cooper, Rudy
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 6:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] SqlServer/U2

Hello List,

Does anyone know how to access Universe data from Sql Server 7.0 ?

I have a need to retrieve data from Universe, which resides on a W2k box.  I
want to do this from Sql Query Analyzer, eventually for stored procedures,
but for now from query analyzer for testing.  I realize I can do this from
VB/Uniobjects, convert to text file, etc., but my requirement is to access
Universe data from query analyzer using tools that come w/the dbms, i.e no
purchasing of any 3rd party odbc tools.

I can go the other way, Uv as a client to Sql Server,  using BCI from Uv
without a problem, but what do I need to acces Uv from Sql Server ?

We have Universe 10.04 on a W2K box.

thx,

rudy
http://www.u2ug.org/listinfo/u2-users