Chuck wrote
> Specifically, I'm looking to pull a single Multi-Value
> ( like EXTRACT(@RECORD,5,5,0) ) using an A-type

This is only for Universe, not for Unidata,
because Unidata doesn't have the Pick-style "A" types.

Using an "A" (or "S") type of attribute definition
in Universe, you can extract a single value by doing
a translate back into the primary file.

It's ugly but it works.

Replace "a" and "v" with the real attribute number
and value number.

>ED DICT filename FIELD-a.v
New record.
----: I
0001= A
0002= 0
0003=
0004=
0005=
0006=
0007=
0008= Tfilename;X;;a,v
0009= L
0010= 20
0011=
Bottom at line 10.
----: FI
"FIELD-a.v" filed in file "DICT filename".

There is also an alternate syntax, with the
value number appended to the translate opcode,
in which case line 8 would look like

0008= Tfilename;Xv;;a

For example, you could get value 9 of attr 35 of the INV file
by doing either
   TINV;X;;35,9
or
   TINV;X9;;35

If possible, avoid this form and just use a simple "I" descriptor,
or, if you're on SB+, just use /FD to define field number "a.v"
(for example, field number "35.9").

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and confidential information and is intended only for the use of
the individual and/or entity identified in the alias address of
this message.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby requested not to distribute or
copy this communication. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by telephone or return e-mail and
delete the original message from your system.