From: George Gallen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 July 2004 15:54
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] Passing a SELECT ID if it's not in the file...

I have a paragraph that does...

SELECT FILE WITH @ID = <<TARGET>>
RUN PROGRAM

   {Program}
   LOOPS THROUGH READNEXT ID'S
   IF ID IS IN FILE IGNORE OTHERWISE PUT IN FILE

This works fine if <<TARGET>> exists in the FILE.

How would can I force the <<TARGET>> to be in an
active select list if it's not in the file?

Keeping in mind this is in a paragraph.

I tried:

0001: PA
0002: * <<A,Enter ID>>
0003: EDIT-LIST
0004: DATA I
0005: DATA <<Enter ID>>
0006: DATA FI
0007: GET-LIST
0008: LIST FILE

But I'm stuck at the EDIT-LIST. How do I tell it a unique listname
, unique for the PID anyway.

For Instance, If you say SAVE-LIST (noname), it saves it using a unique name
   for the PID, and GET-LIST (noname) will get this list. But is there
   anyway to get this uniquename for EDIT-LIST?

George

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the addressee only. If you have received this message in error, you must not copy,
distribute or disclose the contents; please notify the sender immediately and delete
the message.
This message is attributed to the sender and may not necessarily reflect the view of
Travis Perkins plc or its subsidiaries (Travis Perkins). Agreements binding Travis
Perkins may not be concluded by means of e-mail communication.
E-mail transmissions are not secure and Travis Perkins accepts no responsibility for
changes made to this message after it was sent. Whilst steps have been taken to ensure
that this message is virus free, Travis Perkins accepts no liability for infection and
recommends that you scan this e-mail and any attachments.
Part of Travis Perkins plc. Registered Office: Lodge Way House, Lodge Way, Harlestone
Road, Northampton, NN5 7UG.