This gets better and better every day. *LOL*

  Per HTTP 1.0-1.2 specifications, ">" and "<" are not exempt from content
encoding requirements. They are protected characters and must be treated as
such when sending content. Light bulb going off yet?

  If you must use a ">" or "<" character as a non-elemental string, in ANY
media, transferred through an HTTP 1.0 to 1.2 compliant application then you
MUST URL-encode them as &lt;, &gt; or their equiv. charset hex values as
%XX;. Comments are an exception to this rule, but you can still have
problems with general parsing if you put protected characters in the
comments. I always url-encode my non-alpha-numeric strings.

Glen
http://picksource.com