Unidata 6+ on various nix/doze platforms.

Is there any way to check the progress of a memresize file resize?

Sometimes a resize seems to take inordinately long, so I'd like to be able
to confirm that it is x% complete and increasing.

I imagine the technique would be different for static and dynamic files.

Also, does anyone know if and how the [MEMORY buf_size] has any effect on
the speed if the buffer is smaller than the file size?  I can't see any
difference here on a 500Mb static file with an 8Mb and 100Mb buffer.

Cheers
Simon