Definitely looks like overflow - what does an ANALYZE.FILE tell you? ---
also what is the physical file structure (O.S level files and sizes).

One other possibility - is there a horrendously large indexed entry (like
10's of K multivalues or similar) ? - let's take a look at LIST.INDEX ALL
DETAIL..... and a check on triggers wouldn't hurt either.

Regards

JayJay

I'm seeing (another) bug in UV 10.1.2. Apparently, deleting items from
files is taking up to 1 second per delete when done programatically, ie:

DELETE FILE,KEY

I'm waiting for an upgrade to 10.1.4. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Thanks,

--
Karl L. Pearson
Director of IT,