use the "dumb" driver (no thats not a joke) it outputs just plain ol ascii
which is what that printer will want to deal with.  You can telnet to the jet
direct and set it up from there.  I've done a few of these and once the
jetdirect is setup to only send ascii, and the HP-UX system see's it as a
"dumb" printer then you'll be fine.

Thanks,

Don Kibbey
Financial Systems Manager
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner LLP

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/02/05 03:07PM >>>
We have a legacy Printronix P300 greenbar printer that we would like to
LAN-connect to our new HP-Ux server via an external HP JetDirect print
server.

I took a stab at a few of the generic drivers that come bundled with
HP-Ux... without luck.

Comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

--Bill