My department, Residential and Student Services, at the Univeristy of California, Berkeley, is seeking a contract programmer/analyst to work on existing Universe business-type applications on an 11-month full-time closed-term contract at the Berkeley campus. The key qualification is Universe Basic chops, but we are increasingly using SQL Server and ASP pages for standalone apps or things like student housing applications which interface in more or less painful ways with the "pure" Univere back end, and relevant experience would be a plus. The job is listed at $54,600 - $66,000. I'm not sure of the benefits at the moment, but they're of course limited for contract positions, although they at least include holidays, vacation, and sick leave.

For more information go to http://jobs.berkeley.edu/, click "external applicants" on the nav bar, then the "view job listing" link, check the Info Tech checkbox and type "universe" in the keyword box (this will bring up our job at Housing plus incidentally a P/A career job at the Space Science Lab -- not Pick-based, but their "mission is designed to observe the expansion history of the Universe and explore the nature of Dark Energy"... pays better, too).