Marc,

I hope this comes out formatted so that you can read it.  If not, I will try
again for you.  Email me direct and I will send it as an attachment.

Here's what I do;

First set up a printer in Linux - network, serial, whatever kind you want -
it doesnt matter.  In your case, I guess it is going to be network printer.

In the directory that you are using for Universe spool files; create a
'driver' for the printer that you want to set up

For Example, one of our printers is fuji and our files are located in
/usr/spool/uv.

cd //usr/spool/uv
cat fuji.drv
cat -| lp -dfuji -o "nofilebreak" -s

make sure that the file permissions are correct.  I set mine to '777'.

Next, get in to Universe and LOGTO UV - home Universe account. You should
get a SYSADM.MENU

To get to the add printer do; option 4 - Spooler,5 - Device Management, 2 -
Maintain Devices
here is a screen snapshot of our FUJI printer;

+-----------------------------  Maintain Devices
-----------------------------+
|                 File               Action               Help

---+

+-------------------------------  Help Region
--------------------------------+
|Enter the Pathname of the device to print to.

---+

Say 'yes' to changes and 'Yes' to reread spooler configuration.

You will now have your printer set up.

To test,
SETPTR ,,61,0,0,,BRIEF,EJECT,NFMT,FORM FUJI
SH -c '/usr/ibm/uv/bin/usa -p FUJI -F FUJI
LIST DICT whatever_file LPTR

You should see this printing in Linux

For a shortcut, we have a voc record called MOUNT.  So, we can issue a
command;
MOUNT FUJI FUJI or
MOUNT FUJI 4PART etc...

That voc is;
----: P
0001: PA}02/05/97}tags}Mount a form on a printer
0002: DISPLAY MOUNTING <<C3,FORM>> ON <<C2,PRINTER>>
0003: SH -c '/usr/ibm/uv/bin/usa -p <<C2,PRINTER>> -F <<C3,FORM>>'
0004: UPDATE.VOC.REC <<C1,>>
Bottom at line 4.
----: Q

Hope this helps.  Hope this makes sense to you.  Be advised that this is
only one way to
set up a printer.  You will probably get more than one approach here.

Anthony