> Dimensioned vs Dynamic--brain damaged code is still brain damaged code.

I could not agree more!

> the music majors passing themselves off as Pick programmers

For the record I almost failed music history :)

For those keeping track of suggestions for IBM here is one that would help
bridge this divide.

Allow re-dimensioning of dimensioned arrays at runtime.  In VB you have
the REDIM command and in C you can "re-dimension" damn near anything.
Having this capability would provide the best of both worlds.

Rich Taylor | Senior Programmer/Analyst| VERTIS
250 W. Pratt Street | Baltimore, MD 21201
P 410.361.8688 | F 410.528.0319
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.vertisinc.com

Vertis is the premier provider of targeted advertising, media, and
marketing services that drive consumers to marketers more effectively.

"The more they complicate the plumbing
  the easier it is to stop up the drain"

- Montgomery Scott NCC-1701