>     UniData *has* a UOlogin functionality which will allow you to vett
> the user and decide if they can connect as a UO connection. You could
> build most of what you want in there. We haven't tested it on UniVerse,
> but I have the PE and UO set up, so if no one gets to it by Monday, I'll
> test it and let everyone know.

These are all great ideas but they still do not address the fundamental
problem.... A user who can validly make a connection to use an application
can write his own client program to subvert the system. None of the proposed
solutions solve this. As far as we can see, it requires a change to the
server side of Uniobjects (hence the solution to the equivalent functions in
our product).

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB
+44-(0)1604-709200