-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Marco Manyevere
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 01:31 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Finding last day of month

Hi,

Given a date like 20040203, I want to return the last valid date for that month
and year (20040229 in this case). What is the shortest code fragment to achieve
this?

At the moment I'm replacing the day with 01, then iconv, add 35 days to the
internal date and then oconv and replace the day again with 01. I'm then on the
first day of the next month. I then iconv, subtract 1 day and oconv.

Thanks for any help.