[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I thinks that the key phrase here was "I've never used the product and have
> no experience of it"

Bang on ... I use Sophos, and there's just been a news story that mixing W2K
final rollup plus Sophos isn't wise ...

But no, my brother and me were down at Mum's, where she had a working pc. I
upgraded mum's Office 2000 setup, while Bro upgraded AVG from v6 to v7. I can't
remember the details, but (bearing in mind it *could* have been Office that was
responsible, but highly unlikely) after that the system was unusable. Iirc it
wouldn't even boot properly.

I ended up installing W2K. And I need to go down again because that is now
doing weird and wonderful things. I really ought to work out how to get Office
to run under Wine (Mum only started using doze because she went on a course
that expected everyone to be using Office :-(

I HATE supporting doze - especially over a phone and 60 miles away! At least my
setup I can (mostly) keep clean.

Cheers,
Wol