> We had the same issue converting from RealityX to universe. The
> spooler menu on RX was much more user-friendly and listed such
> helpful options as "pages printed so far" for the displayed job.

Tell me about it!  We came to D3/SB+/AIX 10 years ago from a Wang VS
environment.  I don't miss writing COBOL, but there never was a more user
and operator friendly OS than the Wang VS.  You could stop a print job in
mid-stream and resume where you left off, even on another printer.  That was
great if a printer broke down in the middle of a long report.  You could
also skip
back or skip ahead to a specific page or line.  The D3/SB+ combo was a
big step down in regard to convenient printer control.  Now the switch to
Unidata/SB+ is an even bigger step backwards.