Thanks. I'll try this and get back with the MCD and MvBase results. D3
didn't like it.

Speaking of D3, I tried the REMOVE that was so popularly offered on this
forum. The AP-Pro and D3 manuals identically suggest it but it didn't
compile (BASIC or compile).

I hate to venture into this arena but someone offered to use $OPTIONS EXT to
get the REMOVE to work on D3. Without the $OPTIONS, it doesn't work.

I found a caveat though:

Program 1
X="" ; FOR I=1 TO 20 ; X<I>=I ; NEXT I
L=0
LOOP
REMOVE A FROM X AT L SETTING D
UNTIL D=0 DO
PRINT X
REPEAT

prints 1-19.

Program 2
X="" ; FOR I=1 TO 20 ; X<I>=I ; NEXT I
L=0
LOOP
REMOVE A FROM X AT L SETTING D
PRINT X
UNTIL D=0 DO
REPEAT

prints 1-20 as expected.

Apparently the value of D gets set to the terminator when it extracts the
final value. I'll have to note this else I'll get expected results.

Does this behave (misbehave) on u2 systems, ie be careful of the location of
the UNTIL statement?

Thanks.