-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pankaj Gupta04
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 10:14 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] How to find user ID by the USER No. returned by STATUS()
function

Hi All,
If a record is locked by a program and another program tries to obtain a
update lock on the same record then the STATUS() function returns the
user number. How can I map this user number to the user id? e.g. A
record "xyz" of "ABC123" file is locked by user id 'appsadm'. Now when
anyone tries to obtain the lock on the record "xyz" of "ABC123" file
then the STATUS() function returns user number: '1230'. How can I obtain
the user id of the user (i.e. appsadm) corresponding to the User number?
Or how can I obtain the User id without even obtaining the user number?

Regards,

Pankaj Gupta

This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are
unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You
should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content
of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or
from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.