Thanks, but the index - for whatever reason - is on the first 5 of 6
"!" delimited fields in the key.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Baakkonen,
Rodney
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 2:55 PM
To: 'u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org'
Subject: RE: [U2] [UD] DISABLE.INDEX from BASIC

I guess I am going to have to pay more attention to this thread. So it
has to be data related if it can be rebuilt over and over. One thought
is that you have some control characters in the data to throw the
indexes for a loop. Not always easy to find. We actually found a
record today in a Unidata file with a CHAR(255) in it. I don't think
an index would like that. But you may have already covered that too.
We have about 1200 files indexed and never gotten to this point with
an index problem. I will be interested to see what you find. Good
luck. Rod