<quote who="Allen Egerton">

This thread has been discussed before at length including sample programs.
Check the archives (I forget where they are, but check http://u2ug.org and
you'll be directed to them).

As for changing and modifying VOC verbs? I don't recommend it because it
increases the administration extensively, plus it makes any upgrade much
more daunting. Choose 'OS' modifications wisely else they *will* come back
to haunt you.

I wrote a TCL program that simulates the TCL prompt. That way, it's called
from our application based on @LOGNAME and grants specific rights to some
and other rights to others. This method is the easiest for me because
upgrades don't overwrite it. I did it once and haven't had to do any more
with it over the past 3 upgrades, including the purchase of a new server.

My $US 0.02

Karl