I'd also suggest that they consider putting RealVNC (or similar) on the
windows desktops to make life "easier" in terms of support.

As others have said/implied, the biggest issues are likely to be with
any OS calls/scripts that may be buried in the code, printer & tape
setup. None of these are "showstoppers", and unless they are doing
something really "funky" in Linux, scripts shouldn't be an issue

We move freely back & forth between Windows/Linux, and have a dual
development environment. Obviously at the DB level there are no
differences, and scripts can be handled easily by first finding, then
"exposing" as common subroutine or program