>From my recollection, wIntegrate can run as an ActiveX control and has been
used as a "screen scraper" emulation behind GUI (WWW) applications in the
past (videotex even). It may even still be "In the field" to do this. If you
want any specifics drop me a line off the list and I'll see what I can add.

Don't know whether this helps or not?

I have to ask the question though - what is it you are trying to achieve
with this approach?

Dynamic Connect ships at no additional cost with the databasem, but it looks
as if you want a "hybrid" application part GUI application and part TELNET.
wIntegrate gives you most of the functions you would need with its API (or
possibly using a wrapper on the bare "control" if you need to).

BTW: You would have to write the termulator yourself or acquire one from
someone else as a control (see above).... Down to every nasty feature (aargh
- vt100 and the "sticky cursor" line wrapping question.... )

Regards

JayJay

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Burwell, Edward
Sent: 02 December 2005 18:35
To: 'u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org'
Subject: [U2] UD Terminal Emulator using UniObjects

Has anyone seen or attempted to create a UD terminal emulator with vb6 and
UniObjects?  What control would you use as the emulator?  TextBox?
PictureBox?  WebBrowser control?  How do you handle the terminal definition?
Do you actually scrape the screen, then display the results (perhaps in a
picturebox), then capture keystrokes and display them?  Any info would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Ed Burwell
973-361-5400 ext. 1512