<quote who="Baker Hughes">
> Thanks to Wendy, JayJay, and Kevin who responded to my previous posts
> about Java.
>
> Your replies, and the docs, all indicate that the U2 Java API only
> accommodates calls TO UV or UD databases, or Basic subroutines.
>
>>From the code examples (found, thanks Wendy), and docs, it appears there
> is no UV call to a Java class, from within a Basic subroutine.
>
> In this credit card project, the UV host is actually the client, calling
> a Java API which communicates with a Linux host running Live Processor
> software (by Retail Decisions).  The LP server then passes the Auth
> request or settlement to the actual credit card processor across a
> frame.
>
> We can run the Java client (a testing shell script) from the Unix
> command line and test the connection and run Test scenarios.  That all
> works.
>
> What I need help on is some elegant way to make the client call from UV
> Basic, hopefully passing/receiving some arguments/parameters.  The
> client is multi-threaded so the connection is persistent for the life of
> each call, returning a Transaction ID and various response codes
> (decline/approval & why, etc.).

So, why don't you use the test scripts. Enhance them and then call them
from uniVerse BASIC. I do that all the time for automated FTP data
transfers for real-time dual database updating. If you need some pointers
for command-line options, I'll be willing to help sans-fee, if it's
cursory and not time-consuming. If you want the script written, I can do
that, for fee. I've done that for others who needed help for picking up
and passing to their database, the real-time data transfers. (that was an
awkward sentence, almost like English is my primary language. Okay, it is;
American English.)

HTH

Karl

> Thanks for taking the time.  I'm thankful for this community.  TIA.
>
> R. Baker Hughes
> UniVerse Programming
> Mouser Electronics, Inc.

karl

 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
IT Director, ATS Industrial Supply, Inc.
http://www.atsindustrial.com