I don't know if fixtool works the same way as fnuxi used to, but when I
ran it (and I apologize for not mentioning it earlier), it would run
forever, as you're seeing now, when going through the file. Since the
header was the only thing that had issues, I found that I could do:

fnuxi FILENAME

and then after about 15 seconds, just hit CTRL-C and terminate the fnuxi
process. Then I could do DEFINE.DF . . . .   and the file was back up.
Since you've lost 13 hours already, I don't know if I'd attempt a break.
It might just finish in 2 more minutes...

Karl

<quote who="Sirulnick, Steve">
> Thank you for all your emails.  I will even get more specific so I don't
> waste your time. When trying to run a REBUILD.DF, it could not read or
> find
> the header. When I tried to remove the header and tried to DEFINE.DF, I
> got
> a message saying that the partblocks were bad.  This is when I used the
> fixtool utility on the first set of distributed files.  I was then able to
> perform a DEFINE.DF and recreate my data.  This was the first set,
> however.
> The second set of data is still running under fixtool but it has been
> running for almost 13 hours on only one distributed file (I have 9 more to
> go!).
>
> Of course, this is a test in preparation for the live migration; however,
> will not have that kind of downtime when performing the migration.  If I
> can
> do something better, I would like to know.
>
> Many Thanks!

karl

 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    [EMAIL PROTECTED]