I'm trying to start up an application service as a phantom.  In D3 I was
able to put the phantom startup in the "system-coldstart" process that
guaranteed it started when D3 was started.  I also created a menu item so
clients could start and stop the service on their own if they so desired.

I've been testing this in UniData and have set the LOGIN paragraph like:

** Test for phantom processing
IF @TTY = 'PHANTOM' THEN GO LOGIN.END:
IF @TTY = 'phantom' THEN GO LOGIN.END:
*
** Test for UniObjects processing
IF @TTY = 'udcs' THEN GO LOGIN.END:
.
.
** Now bring up the application main menu
APP.START
*
***************
LOGIN.END:
***************

When I connect, and login, via UniAdmin (udcs) the application start process
is skipped (I believe).  But when I try to start a phantom the application
start process is run.  Does someone know why?

Secondly, how can I start the phantom when UniData is started?

My last question is where can I start runtime-error logs?  The event logging
in UniAdmin seems to refer me to the RFS logging and I haven't found out
where logging is set up in the Documentation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :-)

Bill Haskett
Advantos Systems, Inc.
www.advantos.net
(760)944-5570 (CA)