-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Dodds
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 12:04 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] UV LOGON question

We are migrating a company from an UltPlus system to UniVerse.  We are
running UniVerse 10.1.11 on AIX 5.3.3.  The UniVerse is running Pick
flavor.

The legacy application relays heavily on the use of "LOGON port
[command]"
processes.  So if you say LOGON 92 EOD.REPORT.25, the system will start
the
EOD.REPORT.25 running on port 92.  It functions kind of like a PHANTOM
process in that it really starts another session from the same account
that
the PHANTOM/LOGON was executed.  It runs the login paragraph of that
account.

One of the problems is that the LOGON does not populate the @tty
variable
with PHANTOM or LOGON or anything else that we can find.

The second problem is that we can not find where the system is storing
the
[command] that is passed into the new session.  We have displayed all of
the
@ variables that we can find in the basic manual and none of them
contain
the proper data.

I know the port number is strange, but we have figured a way to deal
with
that, we just can't skip the logon paragraph or find what process we are
supposed to be running.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Tom Dodds

 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

513-563-2800 Cincinnati Office

708-234-9608 Chicago Office

630-235-2975 Anywhere Cell