I definitely used soft fonts since it was totally impossible to purchase
special font cartridges for all printers required

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 1:17 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Barcode PCL Commands

Ray Buchner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 28 Jun 2006 12:03:42 -0400

> Does anyone have, or can you direct me to, a PCL command
> reference to print barcodes?  I need to print them on an
> HP laser.

While normally one needs a special font cartridge for this, I posted an
article (with code) on u2ug.org two years ago that allows you to create
3-of-9 barcodes using PCL line-draw commands.  Here's a link:

http://www.u2ug.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9

You can also go to u2ug.org and search the site for "barcode" to find it.

3-of-9 barcodes handle only capital letters, digits, the six symbols $%+-/.
and a blank.  An asterisk is used for the start and end bars.  The code got
its name because three of the nine bars (five black, four white) are three
times as wide as the others.

Feel free to contact me directly if you want additional information.

--Tom Pellitieri
  Toledo, Ohio