Hi Martin,

You are absolutely right to call me on that statement.

I do not know whether or not Universe is more or less robust than QM, and
"robust" is far too general a word to even be used to compare two products.

Based only on my reading of the documentation, QM appears to be a very
robust product in many ways.

I apologize for offending you and maligning QM.

I intended only to suggest that *the Reality flavor* of Universe *may be*
(meaning that I don't know, but it's possible) closer to supporting Reality
software than QM is to supporting Reality software, and that  an
investigation and comparison of the two products might be helpful in
selecting a database to support  the Reality software to be converted.

I suspect that a current version of Reality from Northgate *may be* the
closest product of the three to supporting legacy Reality software, but
again, I don't know.

One thing that I am sure of, however, is that Reality software is running on
Universe in Reality flavor accounts and is printing thru our SpoolerPlus
spooler using Reality print commands without any application software
modifications.  SpoolerPlus is not a Reality print spooler, but it is a
generic Pick print spooler that supports some Reality print commands and
practices.

There certainly may be other solutions that work as well or better (or
worse).

In any case, I want to thank you for your participation and all of your
contributions to this list and assure you that I will not hesitate to
recommend QM as a solution when QM appears to be the best solution for the
customer (whether I am a QM reseller or not).

Best regards,

Dave

Dave Taylor
President
Sysmark Information Systems, Inc.
49 Aspen Way
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
800-SYSMARK (800-797-6275)
(O) 310-544-1974
(C) 310-561-5200
(P) 800-339-1497
(F) 310-377-3550
Your Source for Integrated EDI Translation and DataSync Integration
www.sysmarkinfo.com
IBM Business Partner