In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jerry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
That is my preferred method. Build a script that is run at a specific time or time and day that kicks off a U2 process. Not necessarily starting a phantom but starting any regularly run process on UniVerse. If you restart your system you don't have to remember to restart separate phantoms, the cron starts automatically. I think you can do the same thing in Windows using the Windows scheduler but since I have never used U2 on Windows I could be wrong.

We had a scheduler - in BASIC on UV - that simply slept for (I think) 5 mins, checked the time, and ran any jobs due.

It was fired off by a command in the Windows scheduler - one of the options of which is to run jobs on boot (we needed to say "5 mins after boot" to give UV time to start).

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the