I am starting to work with ODBC and Excel database queries. ultimately, I
need to get a data warehousing application to acquire the desired data via
ODBC.

I have a file that has 55 attributes in it, but 750 dictionary records.

I created a 'clean' dictionary file with a cleansed dictionary of the items
I want, and the data section points to the true data file.

Not all fields are referenced. for example, I want attributes 0-5, 12-17,
32-48, and a few virtual fields, such as getting the name of the customer
from another file.

Everything in VSG comes up fine; I can see all of the dictionary records I
want, and I add them to the table view and save the view.

When I do the database query from Excel, it only offers to import fields
0-5; none of the other defined fields in the view are in the list.

When I fire up the data warehousing application and do the ODBC SELECT, it
also only finds fields 0-5, and none of the other fields.

I haven't found anything in the UniData documentation that helps me figure
out why.

Do I need all of the fields defined contiguously (0 - 55)?

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,

Bob Wyatt