Morningside College, in my neck of the woods, uses Aptron on UniVerse.
The Aptron web site likely says how many customer sites they have.
There are some interesting stories in the history of Aptron, though I
know only a little about it.

1) Deb Atkinson Perry, an IBM U2 Sales person now, was the President
of the AIMS group when I evaluated the product prior to licensing
Datatel software. She had been a user until some users bought out the
company when it was otherwise folding.

2) AIMS from Aptron and Colleague from Datatel started with the same
code.  I do not know the story of how there was a split where the
product was developed by two companies independent of each other after
some point (if anyone does, I'm curious). After some of the problems
that AIMS had in competing with Datatel, several AIMS customers
switched to Colleague (Regis University, for example).

3) When choosing where to go from Prime Information, AIMS chose
UniVerse and Datatel chose UniData.

As for companies using UniVerse, I have worked with a wholesale
plumbing and heating company that had Intuit as their VAR, using the
Intuit Eclipse product.  I suspect that VAR has quite a few customers.

--dawn