Phantoms can be differentiated from other processes by using @USER.TYPE=1
(UniData) or @TTY="phantom" (UniVerse), there was an issue some time ago
(RedBack and UniVerse on UNIX specific) which may have given an unexpected
result for a while (long fixed).

If you want to check whether a non-PHANTOM process is RedBack or not then
check the user name, all RedBack (aka WebDE) processes should be started by
the RedBack administrative user on Unix and no-one else - so check @LOGNAME.
There are all sorts of reasons why you should not run RedBack as root....

On Windows they start as a service and (scratching my memory) have a
specific user name, though I must admit I would have to check which it was
("console" and "system" dredge up from the depths). Easy enough to check on
your system though....

You may also find this of help (watch word wrap on the URL - you may need to
edit it):

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=203&context=SW000&q1=%2bjsd+%2bs
ystem+%2bbuilder&uid=swg21155273&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=all

Hope this helps

Regards

JayJay