David:

Device licensing is an extra cost on U2 Server edition.  It's free on Workgroup
(less than 25 licenses) and Enterprise editions.  It
only works if you're using an IBM product or AccuTerm or, maybe, some other MV
emulator.

I think David is right about the master phantom.  I've written one too.  It's
probably not as good as others but it does get the job
done.  If you're interested I'll post it.

Bill