-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Noel
Sent: Tuesday, 9 October 2007 9:02 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Locks in subroutines

Hi all,

I am porting some code from D3 to Universe 10.1.11 on Windows (and then
to Linux 10.2.x)

I have a subroutine that does a READU on an item and leaves the lock set
when it returns to the calling the program (The calling program will
release the lock at a later stage). However, Universe is releasing the
lock when it returns from subroutine. Is this a known feature and is
there an option to turn off this behaviour?

Cheers,
Noel