I tried suspend the other day and was surprised to find that if you
suspended the database while a lock was present it preserved the lock
making it stop a copy waiting for the lock to be released. This is on UV
10.1.12. So I'm not surprised that it could cause other problems. You
need to get everyone to stop updating and releasing all locks before
setting the suspend.

Jerry Banker