To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 1:48 PM
Subject: [U2] Color Laser PCL

>I have posted this in CDP once and got the enclosed answer.
According to the manual that was quoted, it should be working, but
it is not. I am using a Dell 3110cn Color laser printer. We are
printing from Universe with a Windows 2003 server using the windows
generic text driver. I do get output, but it's always in gray scale.
Never in color. Note: when I print the windows test page from
another pc using the dell drivers, it's in color, so color does
work. Just not from the PCL below. Any Ideas would be most appreciated.
Here is the program was provided by Frank Winans from CDP.
Thanks in advance.
equ ESC to CHAR(27), CBLK to 0, CRED  to 1, CGRN to 2
equ CYEL to 3, CBLU to 4, CMGN to 5, CCYN TO 6, CWHT TO 7
EQU ESC TO CHAR(27)
PRINTER ON
PRINT ESC:"*r3U":  ;* set up an rgb type 8-color palette
PRINT ESC:"*v":CRED:"S":
PRINT "Red  ":
PRINT ESC:"*v":CBLU:"S":
PRINT "Blue ":
PRINT ESC:"*v":CBLK:"S":
PRINT  "black"
PRINTER OFF

From info in topics:  "simple color mode" and "foreground color"
     in file BPL1312.PDF from www.hp.com which is the
    "PCL  5  Color  Technical  Reference  Manual"

Curt Lashley
2803 North Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33602
Cell: (813) 293-2878 or (800) 886-2878