Hi Doug,

has anybody run across/seen an issue where a process sets a lock via READU and then when it tries to write back the record cannot
because the record is locked but somehow "lost" the fact that the
process trying to write the record is the process that created the lock?

My money (but not too much!) is on this being a group lock problem.

As discussed recently on this list, the query processor holds a read group lock on the group it is processing when on the "press return to continue" prompt. Quite why, I have never worked out.

If a program tries to write to this group, it will hang until the user running the query moves on to the next page or until the group lock times out.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton, NN4 6DB
+44-(0)1604-709200 -------