Ext: 3095

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Herve
Balestrieri
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 9:23 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Fw: [U2] locking question

I'd say that if you don't have locking problems, and as there is not a
great difference from 97 to 110, that would mean that your applications
are not requiring more locks.
The recommendation is to make sure that all users will have sufficient
room for locking, and will not get an error like : "READU threshold
reached, lock on "%s" denied!"

> Is the rule of thumb about the value of GSEMNUM valid for other
systems?
> We are running UV 10.2.3 on Win2003 server with a 110 UV user license.
> Our VAR set GSEMNUM to 97. Is this likely to cause any problems?
>
> I hasten to say we have no locking issues on our system.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Laure Hansen

Compagnie IBM France
Sihge Social : Tour Descartes, 2, avenue Gambetta, La Difense 5, 92400
Courbevoie
RCS Nanterre 552 118 465
Forme Sociale : S.A.S.
Capital Social : 542.737.118 euros