-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of doug chanco
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 1:08 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] uniobjects

does anyone know if its possible to "run" the uvrpc deamon (uniobjects)
from the command line?  It appears that since we cannot find the problem

we are going to rewrite our order entry program in .net from vb6,
apparently from some initial testing that the .net version fo the
program works whereas the vb6 version is still having problems.

Also is anyone aware of any ways to "see" what a deamon (in particular
uvrpc) is doing?  We have talked to IBM and apparently the best
suggestion we got from them was that the issue was being caused by the
network card in the systems (which have been the same for years) so I am

not even sure where that idea came from.

is anyone aware of any differences that would cause code written in .net

to work versus code written in vb6 (I assume they are using different
dll's anything on the server side)?  Also does the uvrpc have different
daemons for .net and non .net?

thanks everyone

dougc