> Can uniVerse read and optionally create a VTF accessible
> to/from mvBase.  The big bit is to read in ..

David - I can't tell what your higher goal is from your question.
If you want to exchange data synchronously or asynchronously
between Universe and mvBASE (or any other MV environment), have a
look at this blog entry:
removepleaseNebula-RnD.com/blog/tech/mv/2008/02/cross-mv01.html

That doesn't provide all the details, but in short, you can
read/write between any local or remote environments with normal
BASIC OPEN/READ/WRITE and some networking setup to move the data
around.

As usual, if you want a solution, just ask.  Do I give away
complex solutions?  No, I write code for a living just like
anyone else here.  So yes, consider this an AD.  Sigh.

Regards,

Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
Worldwide sales and development services for
mv.NET and other developer tools
TG@ remove.this.pleaseNebula-RnD.com