"then there's unidata" ... talk about grotesque <G>

   You are right .. moving data is moving data.  A simple save/restore solves a
   lot of problems, if there is one.

   Of course I can follow the norm and just write something and charge the
   client a lot of something that should be there <G>

   Thanks

   BH> G-man:

   BH> Let me try to answer a couple of your questions...

   BH> Moving data can be a goal.  Whether you or I can foresee the need is

   BH> irrelevant.  I've moved quite a few accounts from D3 to UV and UD and I

   BH> suspect Dave has an equally justifiable need (not that he should need to

   BH> justify anything).

   BH> There used to be a "common" backup to an older format that all platforms

   BH> did.  I can remember upgrading several different platforms to D3 and

   BH> upgrading several D3 platforms to U2.  They all had that familiar

   BH> "account-save (a" type of thing.

   BH> Many of the vendors had (have) utilities to bring in accounts from other

   BH> systems.  Flat-file BS is grotesque!  Then there's UniData.  :-)

   BH> Bill

   DSig                                 `````

   David Tod Sigafoos                  ( O O )

   "Nothing  in  the  world  is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
   conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)