> From:  iggchamp
> No, someone had given me a wsdl from an as400 that I
> need to communicate with.B  Not knowing much about
> webservices, I was hoping I could, somehow, load that
> into the u2 web services developer, create a matching
> subroutine, and be flying.B  Probably not that simple
> eh?

It doesn't look like you have a solution yet, so I'll make a
suggestion.

mv.NET has a feature that allows you to trigger remote operations
simply by writing items to an MV file.  So if you want to call a
remote web service, write the parameter data to a file, an
external mv.NET process will see the item, read it, then make the
web service call.  The results can then be pushed back to your U2
system in any file or format you wish, and read by the program
managing the call.  I do this sort of thing all the time.  It's
easy.  So if the tools you have don't do the job, let me know and
I'll do a mock-up prototype so that you can see how it works.  In
fact, if you send me the URL to the web service I may be able to
write up the whole thing and offer it as a complete deliverable
solution.

The cost for this would be less than $500 and you could have it
by Chrismas.  If there were enough demand to productize a MV Web
Service Client, we could probably make it available to a wider
audience for $200 per server.

I hope people see the ongoing message here: Rather than using
Java for this, PHP for that, shell scripts for this, Web
Developer for that, CallHTTP for this, sockets for that, BCI for
this and SQL for that... mv.NET is one tool that can be used for
Many purposes, and it's also very inexpensive, especially when
you factor in the time it takes to research (and sometimes
purchase) all of these other tools.

You can visit our product page, see the videos, and we can
provide downloads and pricing information to anyone who is
interested.

remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com/products/mvdotnet

Thanks for your time.

Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
TG@ remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com
Nebula R&D sells mv.NET and other Pick/MultiValue products
worldwide, and provides related development and training services