I created the errlog file and it does appear to be logging some messages.
 Do I have to do anything in uniadmin as I see a couple of error messages
when universe first starts up.
Sun Mar 01 01:00:11  -4701 NT AUTHORITY\system uniVerse Log Daemon started
Sun Mar 01 01:00:11  -4701 NT AUTHORITY\system Unable to read LOGS.DIR entry
from D_UV_LOGS.
Sun Mar 01 01:00:11  -4701 NT AUTHORITY\system Can't start logging, logging
inactivated in uvconfig