[snip]

> AUTOLOGOUT process causes the ON.ABORT clause to execute.  Is
> there an easy
> way using a SYSTEM() or @variable to determine that this
> ON.ABORT is the
> result of an AUTOLOGOUT?
>
> Also, is there any way to find the program / line # / error
> message that
> cause the abort when they encounter a runtime error.  I know
> Unix has the
> errlog in the uv directory but I'm not seeing any of that on
> our Windows
> system.

I'll answer your second question first, because it pertains to the first
question in our case.  We use COMO to capture the error messages from
aborts.  All of our programs are executed by PROCs that turn COMO on
prior to executing the program.  ON.ABORT saves the user's current COMO
to a new, unique ID and emails the ID to a list of admins.

To answer your first question, we use the following test to determine if
the abort was due to AUTOLOGOUT:

IF NOT(INDEX(ITEM.COMO,'Automatic Logout',1)) THEN

We skip sending the email for autologouts.  I don't know if there's an
easier way to do it.

-John