From: Steve Romanow <slestak...@gmail.com>
Sent: 6/12/2009 10:21 AM
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Subject: Re: [U2] Send output from query to text file
Does this work with UNC paths?  I have used this methods, but have always seemed to have to write my results to the PWD.  Note with this method!  BREAK-ON, EXPLODING, and other "advanced" ECL feature may not work with TO DELIM.  TO DELIM is my favorite quick way to get data out for my use.

Bill Haskett wrote:
Ed:

You mention "
FWIW, DELIM only seems to be recognised with ECLTYPE U."  Then change the command to (note the lower case verb):

:sort VOC NI-SUPP COL-HDR-SUPP HDR-SUPP ATB1 ATB2 ATB3 TO DELIM "|" \\server\fileshare\file.txt

The lower case verb parses the sentence in UniData mode if you're already in ECLTYPE P.  HTH,

Bill