At a higher level though these subroutines would (should) probably be
called in sequence from (yet another) internal subroutine corresponding
to the higher level functional unit ... 'least that is the way I'd
tackle it (not strictly true, as I tend to use our "snippet technology"
inside Visage, so by default I already have "code compressed" to a
single line ... double click on a snippet or external subroutine name &
you can edit/examine that. Not "the same" I know, but it works for me
:-)

> Err, except for our (n)ever evolving Pick BASIC.

As you pointed out, the functionality you are talking about becomes a
function/feature of the IDE or editing tool you are using, rather than
"Pick Basic" itself --> when I call up Javascript in Notepad I get to
see it all, but the same code viewed from another can be collapsed
nicely.

Ross Ferris
Stamina Software
Visage > Better by Design!