I have not posted for a while as I too have become a bit "platform
independent" for financial reasons, but I trully hope that Rocket  puts some
fuel in the tank.
I've worked in acquisitions for many years and I'm sceptical regarding
Rockets motives, but the first thing that's needed is a "Statement of
Intent" from Rocket, followed by a published budget for the short and long
term investment in U2 R&D.

Already some Senior Managers are shuffling their feet - they need
reassurances before the other big players smell the blood (see any SQL
sharks circling yet?).

I worked on 80 acquisitions/migration projects and I cannot remember one
instance of a "Takeover Announcement" not being released on Day 1 by the
acquiring company - both via Website, Press and Letters dropped in the
outgoing mail for next day delivery to our customers. These deals don't
happen ovenight, both Rocket & IBM would have had time to prepare something
and if Rocket don't make some sort of positive statement pronto, then by
implication they're making a negative one.

Cautiously optimistic, but let's see the money!

RayJones