Cache has evolved from the old Mumps environment.  This was a multidimensional
flavor similar to PICK.  Intersystems bought out all the flavours of mumps to
form the company today.  Mumps background was largely in health, so they are a
major player in that industry.  However they have a range of markets and are
OEM as much as U2 is.  I came upon cache being used for backing up student work
at a private school, so it has a range of clients.  As cache was already
multivalue, they added the PICK flavor to their flavors just like flavors on
UniVerse.

What I like about Cache is that is provides competition in the Multivalue
market.  If Oracle had the same level of competitive providers as the mv world
has, they would not have got away with their price tag for so long.

David Jordan