Hi, we used an automated tester called Testpro a few years ago. You can
set it up to run through your system using data in a file as input or
you can load the script with the data. It works by recording what you do
and capturing the screen output. It works......BUT it takes longer to
maintain the scripts then do the changes. The overhead proved to much,
we had about 30 developers at the time.

We produce test plans for everything we do. It is the standard of the
test plan and the quality of the person doing the testing that counts.

Good luck

Les Sherlock Hewkin
Project Manager
Group Financial Systems