From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Tony Gravagno
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:38 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Rocket - BlueZone Terminal Emulator

> From: Brutzman, Bill
> Following the webinar, I installed a copy of Rocket's BlueZone
> software on my Windows PC using VT-100 to connect to our HP-Ux box.
>
> BlueZone is worth checking out as it has a bunch of features that I do

> not remember seeing in rival products.

Like what?

In our industry AccuTerm, wIntegrate, and Winnix provide exceptional MV
integration.  Beyond that, AnzioWin provides a wealth of non-MV features
that work very well with MV apps - I'v created an MV library for one of
our clients for AnzioWin for scanning documents, faxing
(local/internet), emailing, signature capture, FTP/SFTP, image
capture/display, rich document printing, and other features for their MV
app.

When I look at BlueZone I see they make use of VBScript and JavaScript
(available in other offerings), but not much more.
The only thing unusual about BlueZone is the deployment model which
retrieves the client code from an HTTP server.  But this is the same
sort of ClickOnce and Java WebClient on-demand functionality that's been
available elsewhere for years.

So what's compelling about BlueZone?

Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
TG@ remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com
Nebula R&D sells mv.NET and other Pick/MultiValue products worldwide,
and provides related development services
remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com/blog Visit PickWiki.com! Contribute!