Agile and Scrum (basically agile 30 days sprint cycles) doesn't mean the system
does not get documented. It just means a more iterative process with decisions
being made later in the cycle. "Welcoming the change request" does not mean
that the change doesn't get documented. It means the documents change with the
times. If maintained properly, the docs should be more likely to be correct.
For many of us, we have external forces such as accrediting agencies that
require us to maintain such documentation.

BTW, if you haven't seen it before there's a product called OnTime from
http://www.axosoft.com/ that works well in an agile shop.  Check out the Scrum
in 10 minutes video ...

Robert

Robert F. Porter, MCSE, CCNA, ZCE
Lead Sr. Programmer / Analyst
Laboratory Information Services
Ochsner Health System

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission
by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

>>> "Susan Lynch" <sly...@fwdco.com> 10/14/2009 4:34 PM >>>
Brenda, I did check it out, and it is interesting, but I still wonder if 3
years later, when the business requirements change, if anyone from the
original team will a) be there, and b) remember all the intricacies of the
design decisions made, and c) be part of the new team to modify the original
stuff.  Of course, the 'agile' concept does have a 'design' phase, which  to
me would mean developing the spec from the user's requests, which I write
and save so that 3 years later, when I get called back and asked how to
change something, I can hit the ground running rather than reading all the
code again.

I look forward to hearing back from you in a few years on how well this
works in the real world!

Susan Lynch