I'd like to preface this by saying I am a UniVerse newbie.

Ideally, I am trying to import some data into a personal edition UniVerse
database but I am having some trouble. One example is a ZIP code lookup
called ZIP.

First, I copied the files in from a UNIX system to a Windows install of
Personal Edition. Not ideal but not sure if it's a deal-breaker as yet so
I'm moving on...

Then, I did fnuxi VOC and fnuxi ZIP. VOC was fine but on ZIP I got a warning
the secondary indices are defined in a unix location and if necessary, use
SET.INDEX to update file header to correct locations.  I am not sure how to
use SET.INDEX so I have not done anything with that.

Now I go to UniVerse and get "Your VOC is out of date. Update to current
release (Y/N)? If I select Yes, I get an error about &TEMP& being in my VOC
file but unable to create it. I believe this is because I do not have all
the data copied over from the live UniVerse server, so I select No and get
"Unable to open the operating system file "OC.O/LOGON.TESTER" where TESTER
is the account name logging on. That gives me a prompt so I can do
ANALYZE.FILE ZIP and I see the file type is 18, modulo is 4507 and
separation is 1. There are 44,098 records.

Then I try a "SELECT ST FROM ZIP" to get the states and I get an error
saying "File "D_ZIP" has modulo 16777216 which is > 10007. Please resize it
to modulo <= 10007 in order to use it in Personal Edition."

I have tried running RESIZE of various file types, modulo, and separation,
but I still get the error on D_ZIP every time. I have no idea how to get
D_ZIP down to <= 10007 or if it is even possible, or if the records being
44k+ means I cannot view it in personal edition or what exactly is going on
with this.

Can anyone help me past this or tell me why I can't get past it?

Thanks for any tips for a newbie,
Andrew